Friday, August 3, 2012
the rikshaw gals will be contributing to the blog...as i seem to be slacking!
they are such stylish, creative, and fun gals..so enjoy their posts!
(leave them some comment love)

first up in our "top of the month series" is sadie




For August...I am excited about all of the fresh fruits and veggies available at the farmer's market! I live in San Francisco and it feels like there is a farmer's market on every corner. Although most markets, like the famous Ferry Building Farmer's Market, run year round, August is my favorite month to stock up on all kinds of squash, berries, herbs, flowers, and greens. I could swear the honey even tastes sweeter in August! Every visit inspires me to try new foods and recipes and support local farmers who work so hard to bring us their wonderful foods. When I return from a shopping trip, my 'fridge is overflowing with produce. I like start every morning with a fruit smoothie or green juice. Although I like a good cup of coffee, I love the natural and healthy energy that comes from fruits and vegetables. Here is one of my favorite recipes to wake up to - 

1 cup Blackberries
1 cup Strawberries (or any other berries)
1/4 Ripe Avocado
1 cup +/- Coconut Water or Almond Milk
Handful of Mint Leaves
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Flax Seed Oil (optional)

Add all ingredients to a blender, liquify, and enjoy! Yum! 





1 comments:

SunKissed Sisters said...

Yum! That sounds so refreshing.