Tuesday, September 28, 2010

needing a 'moment' anxiety


image from here

the other day i was wondering around my abode..feeling like..i want/need some 'moments' in my space..by 'moments' i mean styled vignettes on tables, in little nooks, on my dresser, in the bathroom even...
everything is seeming tired and shoved off to the side....and very lived in
and i have oprah's mantra on repeat in my head "your home should rise up to you" ...(arrrghhhh whatever!!)

i need to remind myself this is easy to do for a photoshoot, harder to maintain in day to day life,
don't these insanely beautiful images give you any angst?

i have that tray ..now why don't i do something chic like that with it?
images 2-5 from here

i love a well-travelled vignette with an image and little bits...

images 6-7 from here

9 comments:

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Moments....are my favorite thing!!

Susan said...

I love to have little "moments" in my home, but they are hard to maintain! :)

rikshaw design said...

susan..i agree..they end up collecting dust !

ASHLEY said...

I have the same problem! This selection is beautiful! I feel like my "moments" are in hibernation until my toddlers become... well.. not toddlers!!! Nothing is sacred in my house :(

Unknown said...

I adore making these moments.. vignettes are my favorite! These are some lovely examples.. and that tray.. get it out and put something cute on it ;) It's GORGEOUS! xx

Unknown said...

I so hear you! These vignettes look so perfect and I wish i had more of those in my own home. And, so funny, I also have that python tray and when I saw that photo I felt major shame that I have not done anything nearly as cool!!!! But, that's why they get paid to "style"...I remind myself!

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

Hey, people... why are we discussing this????
Make your space - big or small - beautiful! So beautiful infact, that you love to be there! Bring out the crystal, live a little!!!! ;)

Northern Light

Fargerike Dagny said...

Love these! Def need a little bit more brass and lucite in my life!

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I'm with you. I most definitely have the same problem. I get to a point where I start just moving things from one side of the room to the other. In hopes something will come together beautifully along the way...doesn't always happen!

http://www.deliciouslyorganized.blogspot.com/