Tuesday, November 17, 2009

my guest: The Neo-Traditionalist

Hi Rikshaw readers! Kate here from The NEO-Traditionalist. Catherine asked me to share with you my five top gift picks for the holiday season and I couldn’t be more excited to share. Keeping it to five made for many tough decisions, but here they go:

983243_095_b

FOR MOMMIE DEAREST:

Knit Monogram Ornaments from Anthropologie. I'd get her the first letter of each family member's name. They remind me of old-school ski sweaters and would look so retro and fabulous on her tree!

typewriter

FOR MY BRILLIANT FIANCE:

Hugo Guinness Typewriter Print from John Derian Co. If you read my blog you know that my fiance John collects typewriters. We also love John Derian's shop in Manhattan's East Village and are huge fans of Hugo's whimsical work. This print would look oh-so-handsome framed above his desk.

HG000169_alt

FOR MY ULTRA CHIC GRANDMOTHER:

Modern Quill Pens from Jayson Home and Garden. I cherish the letters my Grandmother Rita writes me and I think these natural feather quill pens would look lovely perched in her pencil cup. Pheasant? Peacock? How to choose?!

Picture 22

FOR MY HIPSTER BROTHER:

Ray Ban Clubmaster Sunglasses from J.Crew. My little brother will be leaving for college next fall and I can already picture him strolling through campus in these hip tortoise shades. The kid is a tall, skinny red-head with serious style---loooove him and love these Clubmasters.

foldover_paperdoll

FOR MY BEST FRIEND:

Letterpress Paper Doll Notecards by Linda & Harriett. The yellow and charcoal combo is to die for---I think she'll agree.

*************

thank you Kate! your blog is always a pleasure and has such style, i hope we can meet one day soon and get jumby and alfie together....


5 comments:

Stevi said...

You always find the greatest things! Maybe I need you to be my personal Christmas shopping guru!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Awww Stevi, you're too sweet. Had so much fun putting this together. XX

Jane said...

These are fabulous picks! Love them all! xx

Kate said...

What greats ideas!!! I'm keeping some of these things in mind!

Chicago Chic said...

I love the Hugo Guinness Typewriter Print, amazing! Yet these are all great ideas!

xoxo
Rachel