Friday, November 19, 2010

gift guide: ruby press

I was so excited that Catherine asked me to contribute to this series because I love everything about gift-giving- the shopping, finding the perfect gift, the wrapping, and most of all, the giving! I certainly hope that the people I'm buying these gifts for don't read this blog {!!}, so just in case they do, I won't mention who they are for...

At $12 a pop, these John Derian mirrored buttons make adorable stocking stuffers. {These same designs also come as button pins, for only $6 each, and are perfect for adorning my gift wrap.}



I suppose I can tell you who THIS gift is for, as he can't read! It's for my 8 week old son Sammy...without the flower of course! {Love this shop on Etsy- the knit hats can be customized- you pick the colors, etc.}



Encyclopedia of the Exquisite, An Anecdotal History of Elegant Delights- is a perfect gift for my girlfriend who appreciates the beauty in life as much as I do. {And it's written by a sweet former editor I knew back in the day...}



Champagne is on the top of my list for the girlfriends who have everything...and Veuve Clicquot is my go-to bubbly every time. {Maybe I think it's such a great gift because it's something I always love receiving!}



And I love stuffing everyone's stocking with candies...and I adore Hammond's lollipops and candy canes.



And of course, I always give gifts from our clients' collections. Every year. After all, they wouldn't be our clients if I didn't ADORE them!

Thanks so much Catherine! xxM

{My images are from here, here, here, here, and here.}

***************************
thanks melissa (of ruby press) for taking the time to participate, when you are so busy snugglin with your little sammy! always love your chic picks.
xoxo

5 comments:

Erin Walsh Design said...

Love that flap hat!

paula said...

oh my, the hats are adorable!

melissa davis said...

You are so welcome Catherine! ;) It was fun!!

Unknown said...

I like the idea of the champagne with the lollipop tied to it with a beautiful, red grosgrain ribbon! Thanks for the idea! Great list.

Unknown said...

Loved your list Catherine- the book is divine- adding that to my list. Also loving the champagne- right up my alley:)