Sunday, November 28, 2010

gift guide: pink monkey

I’m so excited Catherine #1 remembered me after my epic blogging hiatus and #2 asked me to participate again, as I have got to get myself in gift gear for the holidays. So, in following somewhat similar suit from last year, here’s my list:

1. The Meet the Parents/ Housewarming/ VIP Hostess Gift

Booze is generally the easier and most well received option, but if you want to make non-wino impression (especially before the wine comes out), a John Derian paperweight would make an excellent hostess gift. There are tons to choose from, but here’s my favorite:


2. The Girlfriend “Gift that Gives Back” Gift
I recently heard this incredible story on women in the Congo on NPR, and one woman’s mission to make a difference. This difference I’m usually interested in making after the holidays is my pants size, so here’s an idea that combines giving back, motivation, getting moving and your girlfriends—and eliminates another Secret Santa exchange.

Sign your sister group up for a Run for Congo Women race and sponsor a sister in the Congo. For more information, click here.


3. The White Elephant Gift

Everyone inevitably gets invited to the bad sweater/ white elephant party and you never want to be the one with the lame gift. I recently heard a ridiculous story about this drink (probably would be more appropriately called drank) and before it gets banned by the FDA, wrap up a can of this for your next exchange. Totally absurd, only $2.50. One can seems to be enough.



4. Stocking Stuffer Gifts
I love just about everything on the Cerulean website, and here are a few favorites (all under $100.00):







5. The Take-Me-There Gift



With fragrance notes described as: exotic Turkish tea, amber, blue iris and black orchid, I’d love to unwrap this and a Delta ticket.

Happy holidays!


****************************
thanks liz! and glad you back blogging, we've missed you!
i need to check out Cerulean website!

1 comments:

The Glam Lamb said...

love thi gift guide! thanks for sharing! xo hallie